Sunday 18 June 2017

Day 18 - Eggardon Hill again

It might be Day 18 of 30 Days Wild, but it was Day 2 of my creative writing workshop at Askerswell/Eggardon Hill and another scorcher. Again I was glad of the breeze as I sat and contemplated what this landscape would have looked like as a gleaming white beacon, ravaged of its lush verdant beauty. I was glad to see it in its regeneration, revitalised - for once human intervention has enhanced our landscape - let's hope it stays that way.

The poetry - well, amongst other things, I wrote a haiku:

Eggardon


Home to Meadow Brown
And the summer song of larks
In exaltation

Eggardon Hill - south face

Quaking Grass and Hawksbit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 21 - Solstice Gloaming

It was a joy to be out in the cooler air of the evening tonight around Barrington in Somerset for an evening stroll and enjoy the twilight s...